I have always been a maker. Over the years I have explored a number of interests and developed a variety of skills. So I can’t say that I just make one kind of thing, although working with fabric and textiles has always been in my life.
There are usually a number of projects going at the same time; some for me, some as gifts, and some for clients. This web journal is a project for myself, to keep me from being isolated. I also love to share what I do and even teach a little in that process (just in case someone is interested).
In January 2011, I began to develop a website featuring the textile work that I have done over the years. The quilt repairs, restorations, and re-creations are a big part, but there are also some other pieces shown: vintage baby clothing, a traditional Peruvian hat, a Tennessee coverlet, and original quilts made in collaboration with clients. Please visit: www.NashvilleQuiltRepair.com Thanks.
Where have I taught classes, programs, and workshops?
- John C. Campbell Folk School
- Cumberland Valley Girl Scouts
- Tennessee State Museum
- Children’s Creative Workshops
- The Hermitage, Home of Andrew Jackson
- Belle Meade Plantation
- Historic Mansker’s Station Frontier Center
- Eakin School After Care Program
- St. Bartholomew’s Home School Program
- Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
- Tennessee State University Lab School
- Eakin Public School
- Ensworth School Day Camp
- Cheekwood Museum