Made by the owner’s great-aunt in the later part of the 19th century in Clarksville TN.

This is the completed project (the original condition is in the previous post).  First I removed the 5th column of blocks, see original here, that were damaged and then rejoined the last column to the quilt again.  The damaged blocks and one strip of sashing (the green strips) allowed extensive repairs with original fabrics to the remaining quilt.  The edges were quite a mess, so the owner gave me permission to cut 1 1/2 inches off and put a new binding on it.  The new green cotton was an amazing complement to the 19th century green print.  Even though it looks pretty good, I decided the fabrics were too fragile for me to wash it–too much of a risk.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s